Museums and Heritage

The Ethnographic Museum Casa Cristo is located in the heart of the old town of Mosquera, Street of the Knights. Its construction Was conditioned by the need to Adapt to the space available in the village: a own house is narrow, and a Divided into three rectangular galleries. Built in the Nineteenth century, That Was Inhabited UNTIL 1947. In the year two girls Who Were in the house (and Florentina Mercy) decided to Settle in France. During the summer holiday UNTIL 1995 Came on the Joint Encamp purchase, Deciding to restore it and open it as a museum.

The Sacred Art Museum is Next to the church of Santa Eulalia, find a small museum Dedicated to religious art. Divided into three rooms (Jewelry, textiles and paper) Component His background Liturgical objects from churches in the town. Highlights include the remains of a Romanesque wrought iron CANDELABRA, from San Roman Villa in * Census bronze fourteenth century, a * True of 1571 and playback * codex medieval Beatus of Liebana and parchments Sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. A visit to the museum can complement with the church and vice versa.

The Les Bons historical complex is in the village of Encamp. It’s formed by the Church of Sant Romà, a former defence tower, two watch towers and a water tank dug out of the rock. Of this interesting complex brought to us from mediaeval Andorra and strategically placed on a rocky promontory to overlook the entrance to the Valley, the 12th century church of Sant Romà stands out with the reproduction of the Romanesque paintings of the Master from Santa Coloma. The saw teeth on the door and the Lombardian arches of the apse are the building’s only architectural decoration. Guided tours from mid-July to mid-September. The rest of the year, guided tours on request.

The Moli del Guillem is Housed in a small building built in popular style gabled stone slab, with the last few openings, highlights the arch and barrel vault for accommodating the wooden spool. Old flour mill owned by Casa Guillem, and mountain popular architecture powered by hydropower, could date from the Eighteenth century. Keep all machinery in perfect state of maintenance. Here you can discover how the grain Was Was once ground by hand and how hard life in the mountains During the past centuries. * Under the hopper , * discover the cassock (or sotamola) and * washer and stories of a life about to disappear.

The Church of Sant Jaume dels Cortals is Located in the Forest of Arad (Cortals Valley) is integrated perfectly into the landscape. The bell of the church is distanced about 20 meters. The interior of the church is very austere. A few wooden benches and a beautiful carving of Saint James, together with the stone altar, stained glass and small sink, we want to show the simplicity and beauty of the mountain and the building fully integrated within the same. If you go to Sant Jaume dels Cortals not forget to visit the valley Cortals and you walk between the huts, or to bring you the viewpoint of the Forest of Arad , located a few meters from the church, where enjoy a spectacular view of the valley of Encamp.

The MW Electricity Museum is located at the ground floor of the same building Hydroelectric national. Was this power station put into operation in 1934 and is today the main source of electricity in Andorra. The MW Electricity Museum shows some of the key elements in the evolution of Andorra in the last century: the electrification and the construction of roads in the Principality. Apart from its historical high offers a variety of activities directly related to electricity and obtaining as educational workshops, exhibitions and a route for water catchment facilities, the road Hydroelectric Engolasters . Come and visit the museum located in a hydroelectric power plant is in operation or come for a walk around Engolasters lake.

The National Automobile Museum in the centre of Encamp presents us with the vehicles’ evolution in history. A visit to the site will allow us to see how these mechanical devices have served for carrying people and goods around the world and have been one of the most important challenges of the 20th century. The Pinette steam engine built in 1885 is the oldest piece in the museum. The collection, which is considered one of the largest in the south of Europe, includes around eighty vehicles, sixty motorcycles and around a hundred bicycles. This collection is complemented with a series of objects related to the world of automobiles: miniatures, posters, advertising, accessories, etc. Services: Tours free or with a guide by booking in advance. Last tour 30 min.

 

http://world-infos.com/informationform/ http://world-infos.com/advertform/ http://world-infos.com/privacy/ http://world-infos.com/termsconditions/ http://world-infos.com http://world-infos.com http://flights4you.net/ http://rooms-4you.com/ http://rent-a-car-4you.com/ http://game-nature-reserves.com/ http://museums-heritages.com/ http://holiday-islands.com/ http://holiday-islands.com/ Image Map